The Department of Mediterranean Studies in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Unit (MODIP) has drafted and implemented the Quality Policy of the Department, which is fully harmonized with the Quality Policy of the University of the Aegean. Quality Policy of the Department of Mediterranean Studies conveys the commitment of the Department to provide excellent education and to conduct high level research in the direction of contributing to society as a whole.
To implement this policy, the Department is committed to put into action quality procedures that will prove:
- the appropriateness of the structure and organization of the curriculum.
- the pursuit of learning outcomes and qualifications in accordance with the European and National Qualifications Framework for Higher Education.
- The promotion of quality and effectiveness of teaching
- the suitability of the qualifications of the teaching staff
- the promotion of the quality and quantity of research conducted by members of the Department
- the ways in which teaching is linked to research.
- the level of demand for graduates’ qualifications in the labor market.
- the quality of support services.
- the conduct of the annual review and internal inspection of the quality assurance system of the Undergraduate Program od Studies as well as the cooperation of Internal Evaluation Group (OMEA) with the Quality Assurance Unit (MODIP) of the University.
The full text of the Quality Policy can be found here.